Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Recycled Crayons

What do YOU do with all of your old, broken crayons?  Ordinarily I would have just thrown them away in the fall when crayons are dirt cheap for Back to School sales.  However, now I like to hold on to them to use for this project.  I originally came across this project at Rhythm of the Home.  It seemed like an easy craft for the kids to do and they actually really enjoyed helping out.  Basically, you:

1. peel your old, broken crayons
 
 
 
 
2. sort them, melt them down in a shaped pan (I've seen ones done in silicone pans too that had really awesome shapes such as fish, etc.)





3. let them cool, pop them out, and...



voila! Brand new cool crayons ready to color with.
(for the full tutorial, click here)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I did this with mine.

    http://wentzellscreativedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/repurposed-crayons.html

    ReplyDelete