Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Family Home Evening Chart

At our house, every Monday night is Family Home Evening, or Family Night. We have a basic outlined program: Opening Song, Prayer, Lesson, Activity/Game, Treat, and Closing Prayer. It's our kids' favorite night of the week (and honestly, one of mine too, since we make it a point to let nothing else get in the way). In order to remember who has which assignments, I finally got around to making a rotating chart of each family member and their assignment. I trimmed the poster board and got it laminated (which ended up costing $10) at Office Max. I made the animals using my Cricut and the "Create a Critter" cartridge. I totally love woodland animals lately, so that became the theme of the chart. Each log that the animals sit on represents an assignment and each critter is a family member. I attached the animals to the chart using sticky-back Velcro.
My 3 year old son cannot help himself. He LOVES the animals and has a hard time resisting the temptation to take them down and play with them. I might have to make him a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment