Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Iron Man Doll

 
My four and a half year old son LOVES Iron Man.  He can't get enough of him.  He has the costume, the gloves, the movies, the mask (2, actually), an Iron Man wrist disc-shooter, 3 action figures, and a hat. 

Still,  I couldn't resist making him a doll out of felt that was soft to sleep with in his bed. I first cut out the figure a couple of weeks ago, but didn't finish the whole figure because I wasn't sure I could get the mask to look quite right.  Yesterday I mentioned to my husband that I probably wasn't going to end up making it because I didn't think I would like how it turned out.  I was surprised by his reaction.  He really wanted me to finish it, knowing that my son wouldn't have care nearly as much about the details.  I am glad that I went ahead and finished it because my husband was right.


 
 
My son LOVES it and takes it every where he goes.  I wish I had used a little bit better quality of felt because it's already looking a little fuzzy but that was bound to happen eventually, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out great! All of our felt projects tend to fuzz early on, but they still love them. I think Kaylee and I are going to try to make some felt food today. We'll see how it goes!

    You should link up some of these projects or all to my link party on Thursdays. It's a great way to share ideas!

    ReplyDelete