Monday, March 21, 2011

Oreo Truffles

My wonderful friend, Jo Lynn, shared this recipe with me.  She was given some of these truffles at Christmas time and had to have the recipe.  She told me about them but I was still pleasantly surprised when I tried them. They are SO good!  Relatively easy to make, too.  Unfortunately, they are not super healthy and they are extremely addicting so beware. :)

Oreo Truffles

  • One package of Oreo cookies (I like to use flavored ones like mint or peanut butter--mint is our favorite)
  • One package of cream cheese (you can use fat free-- they still tasted good)
  • Almond bark or chocolate (not exactly sure on the amount.  Enough to coat all the truffles)
1. In a Cuisinart or blender, crush the entire package of cookies including the inside filling. (I broke them up and blended them a few cookies at a time in my Magic Bullet)

2. Soften cream cheese and mix with oreos in a large bowl.

3. Cream together until well blended. 
4. Roll into balls (approx. 2 dozen) and lay on a baking sheet covered in wax paper.  I like to use    gloves for this part so that there is less hassle.  
5. Chill until they firm up and set aside.
6. Melt your chocolate until it is a good consistency for dipping.  
7. Dip oreo cream cheese balls in chocolate and place back on was paper.  Chill until they harden. (If you desire, you can decorate with festive sprinkles before the chocolate hardens).
8. Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Super cute blog here. I made some Oreo Truffles recently and they were yummy (and I don't like chocolate). Planning on using the yelllo Oreo's next time. Found you via blog hop..just can't remember which one.

    www.momspaycheck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete