Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Bunny Cake

Several years ago, I made a cake just like this for my kids when my oldest two, Natalie and Evan, were about 3 and 1.

It's a fun cake especially for kids around three years old. Things seem so exciting and magical at that age, I think. I wanted to make it again for them this year since my youngest son, Miles, is three. Sure enough, he was IN LOVE with it. He loves kitties and bunnies, etc. anyway so it was fun to see his reaction to this. :)

I actually only used one 8 inch round to make it so the kids were MORE than happy to decorate the second cake. ( I can't believe I didn't get a pic of it! It was awesome and more frosting than cake.)
Here is the basic outline for making the cake- this isn't the original one I used, and I can't seem to find it, but this one has the same diagram for cutting and assembling the body.
I used chocolate chips for eyes and a jelly bean for the nose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment