Friday, July 27, 2012

Painted Mason Jars

I've seen a lot of painted mason jars on Pinterest lately and I LOVE it, so I decided to try some of my own. I used some of the favorite jars I inherited from my grandmother.  I think adding the paint on the inside really brings out the details and unique shape of each jar.
   
 I didn't take any pictures of the process. (I was too excited to do it to stop and take pics). But, I think the process is so easy, it doesn't really need pics to explain.  I took an empty, clean mason jar, and squirted some acrylic paint into the jar and turned/spun the jar until the paint covered the entire inside surface of jars.  Then, I layed out a brown paper bag and stacked 2 stacks of 2 popscicle sticks each to balance the jars on, allowing the excess paint to run off onto the bag.(I founds that idea on another blog- unfortunately I can't seem to find it to link up to when looking back).  I let it drip like that for about an hour. Then, I turned the jars over and let them dry over night.  Easy enough!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try this! I think we are going to do some sort of flower/garden theme in Kaylee's new room so these would be cute for that too!

    ReplyDelete